ISTA/P stands for Integrated Service Technical Application/Programming. It is a dealer-level diagnostic software that replaced the older version SSS Progman programming software. ISTA/P is primarily used for processing all coded, programmed, and enable-dependent control modules of BMW vehicles.
With the use of a K+DCAN or ENET cable, you’ll be able to diagnose, calibrate, read and delete memory errors, battery register, and code and program most your BMW vehicle modules.
ISTA/P should be used with an ICOM interface. To cover all your vehicle modules, you will need the ICOM A, ICOM B, and ICOM C for BMW vehicles that were produced before June 2001.
When programming with ISTA/P, you need to observe the following precautions:
• Always follow the instructions and requests given in ISTA/P.
• Leave your vehicle’s ignition switched on.
• Do not cut or interrupt the connection between your vehicle, the workshop network, and the vehicle interface.
• After any action initiated in the luggage compartment, always close the the boot lid to prevent overheating the luggage compartment lighting.
• You should not perform any other activity in your vehicle while programing aside from what is instructed by ISTA/P.