Here is an easy way— factory reset, for you to fix your Ford VCM II when it becomes inoperable. For example, VCM II will not boot-up properly, Ford VCM II LED’s not functioning properly, etc.
1. Shut down the IDS application if it is running.
2. Disconnect the VCM II DLC cable from the vehicle.
3. Disconnect the VCM II USB cable from the VCM II and PC.
4. Remove the rubber boot on the VCM II that is opposite the DLC connector to expose the Recovery Mode Switch.
5. Start the IDS application.
6. Press and hold the plastic tab. Do not release the tab until Step 9.
7. Connect the VCM II to the PC using the USB cable.
8. Wait for the VCM II’s Power LED to remain on and for the unit to beep.
9. Release the plastic tab – the VCM II will be in Recovery Mode.
10. The IDS pop-up window below will appear notifying the user that a new version of VCM II software is available. Select the Tick button to update the FORD VCM software.
11. Follow the IDS on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.
Hope it help you guy out.