* Reliable Internet connection speed and consistency are essential for the wiTECH System to complete flashes.
* It is recommended that the communication speed of your Internet connection be a minimum of 1.5Mb/sec (Megabits per second) for the 1st witech Micropod 2 Client.
* Each additional wiTECH Client should have 1.5Mb/sec. of additional available bandwidth. Of course, the better the connection is, the faster the flash files will download before the flashing will commence.
ABOUT CONNECTION SPEED
* Most Internet Service Providers (ISPs) advertise their Internet connection speeds in Mb/s or Mbps (Megabits per second).
* However, when testing your Internet connection, sometimes the results are displayed as MB/s (note the capital B) which means Megabytes per second.
* There is a big difference between the lowercase b and the uppercase B. If the results are displayed as MB/s then the number has to be multiplied by 8 in order to obtain the speed results in Mbps:
For example, if the speed test resulted in a speed of 1.5MB/s (note the capital B), then we would calculate Megabits as follows:
1.5 x 8 = 12
By this calculation, the Internet connection speed is 12Mbps (12 Megabits per second).
TESTING YOUR CONNECTION SPEED
* Two popular speed test websites are www.speakeasy.net/speedtest and www.speedtest.net.
* * Both websites already display the results in Mbps (Megabits per second).
* As resources on the network are used, bandwidth availability can be reduced. Therefore we recommend performing a network speed test from multiple machines simultaneously to capture true network speed.
* Speedtest.net automatically chooses the test location for you; all you have to do is click on the Begin Test button in the middle of the site.
* The results will be displayed once the test is completed.
* The Speakeasy.net speed test lets the user chose the target location of the test.
* * We recommend that you choose the target server that is closest to your dealership.
* After choosing a location the speed test will automatically begin and results will be displayed once completed.