Please pay attention before you use FVDI and AVDI Commander :
1. Only FVDI and AVDI Commander can read and write data from MED17 EDC17 engine control unit and calculate 6 digit security byte.
2. New VW Magotan, Passat, CC engine type is MED17.5.XX . It is impossible to read out these models’ 7 digit security byte by only reading out data from comfort module, then it’s impossible to make new keys when all key lost and module programming.
3. VAG 18.0 or Newer version of FVDI commander can get 6-digit security byte and 5 digit login password by reading the data from MEDC 17 and get 7 digit security byte by reading data from comfort modules.
4. About connections, you have to prepare these tools:
PC, FVDI /AVDI, USB Cable, MEDC17 adapter, dongle, welding iron , solders , several 1K ohm resisters and 12V DC power supply.
Now we can begin to work:
1. From Picture 1 shows connections between AVDI FVDI ABRITES Commander , PC , Dongle , MEDC 17 adapter. Your PC has to
connect with network.
2. Step by Step to operate
Step 1: Disassemble MEDC17 ECU, and then uncover it;
Step 2: Connect MEDC17 ECU under instructions;
Step 3. Connect FVDI with PC, Open VAG V21 and select special functions and select ” EDC17/MED17 Engine Control Unit”. It
is shown as Picture 2.
3. Select correct MCU type and click ” CONNECT ” as Picture 3.
4. Read what you want to read.
5. Assemble MEDC17 ECU and install it to vehicle.